Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 20, 2011

What's for Lunch?

Relax, I'm not going to add to the confusion on the internet about diet. I do however want to pass along something that happened to me. I was training at this great GYM back in the 90's... Lot of serious lifters there. I got friendly with the owner of this place, he had been around since Jesus was in third grade..
.Anyway, I was leaving the gym one day and he was at the front desk eating his lunch... he had gotten it at the sandwich place next store. Anyone that went to this gym had eaten at the place next store, it was pretty good food... Well, I Iooked at what he was eating, it was a salad...( I had no idea they sold salads there btw) but it didn't look like what I would have put together at a salad bar... He had some lettuce, onions, hot peppers,hard boiled eggs, cottage cheese, and on top of the cottage cheese was some pickled beets!! I had never seen this kind of food combining...
This naturally sparked a conversation on food.. I will never forget what he said to me... He said,"if you want to be like everyone else, eat like everyone else...If you want to perform, you gotta eat performance foods"
I try to think about this when I'm making food...

No comments:

Post a Comment