Total Pageviews

Monday, March 21, 2011

Tickle-tickle

My coach Valery Fedorenko asked me once right after I hit one of my goals which was to do 100 jerks in competition with 2x24 kg kettlebell... What my next goal was... I was still trying to catch my breath from my set when he asked me... I told him I want to do 100 jerks with 2x32kg bells... He goes, "ok I think you don't really know what you are talking about actually..." I was not sure if he was kidding me or not... But he went on to explain that there is a big difference between what I had done, and what I was talking about.... He said,"I know it is like really easy to talk about doing this, but I am yelling you, I know how hard it is because I have done this job".
Now you might be thinking what a Buzz-kill this guy is, but afterwards I was thankful that I didn't have one of these "tickle-tickle" type coaches that says everything is great and fine when it isn't... He was just letting me know the real situation, and it wasn't what I was dreaming about...
I am very grateful that he did not allow me to delude myself and keep me focussed on doing the work in front of me, instead of chasing rainbows and pipe deams...
If you cannot handle the "not so cute" truth from your Coach, how do you expect to handle the abuse you take during a 10 minute set?M

1 comment: