Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Just the facts please...

When I first speak to someone about coaching them for kettlebell sport training, it never ceases to amaze me how hard it is to get the actual information that I need. I base Thier program on actual numbers that are as recent as possible... It doesn't really matter what you did 3 years ago before your divorce and subsequent oxy problem, or Your 1994 vertical leap, your karate background, high school dating average, or your wifes eating disorder, or you family history of alcoholism, or your bar fight records, or your incredible knowledge of eastern
Block programming, or the book you read about the Helsinki strength institute, or the time you downed 47 beers in one sitting, or the other million and one things I get for responses when I ask the simple question of what do you think is your best numbers on jerk and snatch for 10 minutes? I get answers like I can do 45 reps in 6 minutes but that was right after I had swine flu... So if I was as healthy as I am now, I could have gone 8 minutes at that pace, but recently I have been working on my tactical lunge program so my GS numbers are off from the good days I had back when I was just doing all the dynamic effort westside, 5/3/1 supermodified 3 up 2 down program I made up on my iPhone, get Uckin Uge app....
I always start out with a test... I need an actual baseline to go from... It works much much better when it is based on fact...

No comments:

Post a Comment