Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Don't Submarine yourself

It is very easy to screw yourself up the week before a competition... The fact is you are not going to gain any strength or fitness in that few days, so Relax.... You gotta go with the training and fitness you have... Last minute heroics have flattened more than few of us...
The week leading up to a competition a few things that will help... Drop all assistance work and other things that drain your energy... This includes avoiding difficult people (if possible). You should have your goal in your head by now, so mental Imaging is helpful... Lock on your pace and prepare for when the " what the hell are you thinking" demons start knocking on your grill about 3 minutes into your set... If the event is on Saturday, I do not train Friday and Thursday... But I do stretch and do some sort of stress free exercise or moment... A walk in the woods is good... Wens I do a short set with my competition bells at my competiion pace... Major focus on breathing, technique and enjoying my session... It should leave me Wanting more.. Restraint will pay off... Tuesday I do light technique work again at my competiion pace, and again the focus is on breathing technique and relaxing... Monday I will do a long 8 minute set at my comp pace... During this week I do no assistance work at all... If you can, take a few naps, drink plenty of water especially if your flying... And getting a massage is a
Great way to stay loose...
Hope this helps! See you guys in NY!

No comments:

Post a Comment