Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Is this guy Kidding me?

I rememeber the first time I noticed a great lifter warm up.... Now this guy is a legit world record holder... He is a Real
Pro... So this guy goes over to the bench, lays down, he goes through his set up, he places his hands very methodically, he kinda works his feet to where he needs them... He breathes and then he picks up the bar... This bar had no weight on it!! He treats the empty bar as if it is loaded with serious weight... I was remember thinking..." this guy is a little dramatic"!! What I didn't know then that I know now is that this guy never misses his lifts... He never misses! He treats the bar the same way no matter what...
What is the point you might be thinking? The point is that when you lift light weights, you are training your Central Nervous System as well as your muscular system... Perfecting the right technique takes place with sub maximal loads... This is how you can spot a professional, they treat light weights with the same seriousness as heavy loads... Don't take light weights lightly.

3 comments:

  1. Chris,
    Thanks for this!
    Legitimizes what I thought I should do this week.
    After looking at the videos from LI (my first comp), I can see literally dozens of differences between my set and the better lifters. My plan for this week, is pick up the 12's and 16's and repeatedly work each individual piece of LC till I can feel, find, and repeat the groove you pros all seem to operate from.

    Bob Gill

    ReplyDelete
  2. You Cant go wrong practicing Skills Bob!! Go Get em!

    ReplyDelete