Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Stress...

Training is placing the body under Stress. The body adapts to this stress, we make progress. The more stress I can handle, the stronger or fitter I become. Training must be progressive, that means systematically upping stress levels to get better results. The problem is that life is full of stress. With work and deadlines, quotas, financial targets, mortgages, kids, commute, economy, radiation in milk... You get the idea... We can only handle so much pressure before we snap or get sick or shut down... SO how are we supposed to handle progressively larger amounts of training stress? When we are already MAXED OUT??

I have found that developing and adhering to rhythms really help to simplify my life. There are many things outside of our control, it is pointless to try to manage those things. Let us focus on what we can control. You already know this stuff, but it cannot be repeated enough... Have food in your fridge before you start the week. After training you gotta eat, scrambling around when you are crazy hungry = bad decisions... Train, eat, go to bed, and wake at the same times. Have hard days and easier training days, I know everyone out there is busting it up it every day... Great for them... I need to balance out high intensity out with lower intensity...
Push/ Pull movements, this is self explanatory... Doing the same thing on the same days is another rhythm that helps.. Like jerks monday, snatch tues, Jogging wens... I am not a human behavior expert, but I know that people do better when they know what to expect. Since I am a people, I should stop surprising myself with unnecessary drama and suspense, it takes away from progress... Strive to keep things regular and simple, this I have found to be a great help in training...

No comments:

Post a Comment