Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Day 16... New record!!

Today is proof that how you feel has NO bearing on how you can perform. It has been raining here all day, it is about mid 40s, raw and miserable. I had been thinking about my lap around the pond all day and I have not been looking forward to it. I got home from work at like 3:30. I came in the house and changed into my stuff, then I laid down on the couch for a quick little "napa roosooski"... 2 hours later... I got up, and headed outside into the weather... I walked for about 100 yards and started jogging to stay warm.. I was slightly underdressed... anyway, long story short.. I had the best lap time ever!! I just put my head down found my rhythm and worked...
So this lap is approximately 3 miles. The first time I timed how long it took to walk around here.. It was 1 hour 8 minutes.... I jogged 2/3 the way around it one day and my time was 54:35 seconds... I was all busted up the next day. A couple days later, I walked this at 58 minutes, and the next day I was fine. So I figured walking is more efficient and sustainable. A few days later, I walked it as fast as I could and did it in 52:40. Today I jogged it the whole way my time was 45:25 seconds... Pretty Happy about this!!
Amazing what can happen in 16 days..

3 comments: