Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Not my Problem

Due to the savage winter we had here in Boston, some sections of road are really torn up bad. I was in town last week waiting to meet somebody and I noticed something interesting. The section of road I was parked near had some severe potholes... I mean big bad craters! Most of the traffic in that area is heavy trucks. What occurred to me was that the guys that didn't own the trucks, like Fed Ex guys and UPS guys and Drivers that worked for large trucking outfits, did not care about slowing down or maybe taking it easy through the rough part.. they seemed to be totally indifferent to the huge holes they were crashing into. The others end of the spectrum was guys that own the rig and need to pay for any damage they do, they have a vested interest in keeping the damage low. You see tons of caution used by these drivers.

What doesn't make sense to me is people who train like the guy driving the borrowed truck! I see and hear about people that seem to take pride in the fact that they are doing damage to themselves. Somehow they feel like they are Hardcore athletes that blow themselves up in order to improve? Your Body is not somebody else's problem, when it breaks, you get the bill. Senseless, self inflicted beatings are nothing to brag about. Not doing damage, while  making progress is the Goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment