Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Internet experts...

I have never seen any of these cats show up at any meets and compete??? They know the best organizations with the best ranks/rules... they know how to grow the sport the best way... they know who the best coaches are with the real information... they will not be fooled by pseudo- gurus.. No-No, they are much too sharp for that kinda low level stuff... They don't really train for GS, per se... but if they did... they have the school all picked out for when the glorious day arrives,......no need to panic... they are way too busy setting people straight to train, so they will not be appearing on a platform any time soon...

3 comments:

  1. Touche'! Up until just recently (say in the last few meets)You would go to a meet and it would always be the same 25 to 30 people with a few new people. From say about 2006 to the end of 2010. Starting to see alot more new people now, especially women. To me it feels like I just got into this sport, but I think I'm preceived as an old veteran at this sport. (I've never seen any of the internet gurus compete, and I've been to bout all of the meets in the last 5 years minus a few.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are lucky, you have meets to compete in. I'm trying hard to set up the first decent meet here in South Africa but people are too busy handing out meaningless certifications or WOD'ing (with kettlebells thrown in as a sideshow).
    I'm just gonna train my ass off now that my leg is healing, save some money and go compete overseas at some point.

    ReplyDelete