Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 7, 2011

First 5k today

So today was my first official 5k. I showed up just in time,pinned my number on, tied my shoes... did a couple of shoulder rolls and a snot shot... And away we went... My goal was to finish and not hurt myself... I was thinking I might beat a couple of people, but this was a fast group... or I was a slow... Anyway, forget the dumb stuff...

I suffered the first mile and felt better as the race went on... It is amazing how much the weather can change   in a half hour... It was threatening to rain at the start, after the first mile, the sun came out... I just put my head down and did my best... Which right now is pretty fucking slow. But I didn't stop, walk or die!! My Official time was 42:39... So There is my baseline 5k number... 

I was hoping to break 40 minutes... I started to get a little crazy in my head during the race, but the fact is, I couldn't even run this far a few short weeks ago, so yes I do want to go faster... But I'm moving faster than sitting on my coach...  

2 comments: