Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 19, 2011

CoSigning nonsense?

Ya know in some circles I'm considered a dickhead. This is basically because I do not stand there and go "right on" when I see someone doing poor quality reps. I refuse to encourage or support shitty reps. Now that rubs the cheerleader coaches out there the wrong way... I could care less. My job as a Coach is to help not to encourage dangerous or unsafe mechanics because
There is a lot of effort being used... Or to make somebody feel good. It doesn't help the lifter.

If you want a warm feeling.... Take a bath!

2 comments:

  1. Right On CDuff! That's why even at a meet, if I start to put up crap reps or get, say, a couple of no counts, I'm done. Bad reps makes me look bad, the sport look bad, and I wouldn't do that to any judge !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes MIke!!
    I am not saying don't encourage people to push themselves, but continuing after your form breaks down should not be encouraged... There is for most of us ham and eggers no money on the line, so stop and live to compete again smarter and more seasoned the next time.

    ReplyDelete