Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Consistent training!

The thing that interests me about Kettlebell training is how different it feels from day to day. I was reminded of this when I did the 30 day challenge. The distance did not change from day to day, but the level of effort it took to get around the pond was different every day. This would depend on how much I slept, how sore I was from kettlebells, how much water I drank, how well I ate... The plan was simple and the workload was exactly the same as the day before... but every day I never knew what to expect...

When I first started training under VF, he gave me basically the same workout every day... very similar to the pond challenge, identical workload, but every day was different. Some days I would be dead tired and the workouts would leave me refreshed, other days I felt great and the workouts seemed impossible. You really learn a lot about yourself with these type of steady workouts.

 The biggest improvement came in my head. I learned to get the work done no matter what kind of internal dialogue I had rattling around in my squash. This has proven to be one of the most powerful tools in my toolbox on game day.

4 comments:

  1. I feel you there def changes from day to but you learn to train no matter how you feel

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesomeness, CDuff. This is so true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember a number of years back in Cinncinnati, Marty was going for one of his many attempts at MS. He was maybe 7-8 mins. in and he was dog ass tired. I remember what Coach Fedorenko said " You already tired, so now just lift". That statement stays in my head to this day !

    ReplyDelete