Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Get Down to your Local Farmers market

Never mind the supplements, get down to your Local Farmers market and buy some high quality local vegetables. The difference between a local tomato and one from 1500 miles away is a joke! Not only do they taste better, but they are still packed with nutrition!

Tonight I went down to the one around the corner from me and bought some absolutely gorgeous Russian Red Kale and green Garlic.. ( before they dry it out).. WOW! That stuff is strong! I chopped the Kale up and steamed it in a big frying pan.. waited until the stalks got soft.. then I added the coconut oil, sea salt, cracked pepper... Insanely Good!  As an added bonus, the Kale is nature's colon blow! You  pants will fit a little better after that trip to the Looo... Haha!

 Then there was a guy selling Live Lobsters.. I got 2 hard shells and ate this with my Kale.. Very Delicious and nutrient dense! Take advantage of this great resource! These farmers do an unreal job! You are going to have to spend money on food, you might as well eat ultra fresh food and give your money to people in your community! I am excited to see what show up next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment