Total Pageviews

Friday, June 3, 2011

The Day to Day Stuff

I find that the most important function that I fill as a coach is helping people deal with the"stuff" that complicates training. I would love to say programming is the ticket to helping people, but that is probably one of the more minor things. All of the people I help, have full time jobs, families, kids, tons of other demands that are more important than kettlebells.

 I believe that my highest function is helping people set realistic goals and navigate through the difficulties and issues we all have to deal with. The fact is that injuries happen, kids get sick, you get sick, jobs changes, cars break, divorce happens, bankruptcy happens, businesses fail, accidents.... the list goes on and on.. 

The real job of a coach is keeping people on track when things get mental, (or they get mental)!
It is the not the big workshops or famous people that make great lifters, it is how well you can manage the changing daily demands of life, and staying consistent with the bells that makes great lifters...

No comments:

Post a Comment