Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Second Dip?

When I do jerks and I do not focus on my second dip, it starts to slowly but surely disappear. I have no idea where it goes or what it is doing over there... but by the time my shoulders and triceps inform me that they are sick of doing all the work...it is too late!

The high level lifters we see on the you tube have become so efficient at the second dip that it is hard to detect. I am not a high level lifter and I am not smooth so I need to be much more deliberate about getting my ass back and down immediately after the first bump. Give it a try, your shoulders, elbows and triceps will thank you!

3 comments:

  1. Great post, Chris! It's really all in the details. I think a more careful practice of technical details like this may have prevented my elbow tendinitis. I encourage all lifters to follow your advice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you David.
    I think it is especially important for taller people to really get "under" the bells due to the longer distance the weight has to travel...

    Denisov, has said that you need to plop your butt back and down like you are "sitting in a saddle"..

    I don't think of these things as details actually, I think of them more like fundamentals..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fundamentals. That's how to put it. If it's a minor detail instead of a fundamental/foundational movement then you are in trouble. Exactly.

    ReplyDelete