Total Pageviews

Monday, July 25, 2011

Rank Talk = DOOM!

I have noticed something, anyone that talks about making Master of Sport out loud, has a much harder time than the person who just keeps their head down and works on the goal in private. Something happens when you announce your goal to the world... I do not know if it is Karma or what, but once these people publicly declare this goal, it seems like they are then hit with some kind of life turbulence or injury that pushes them further away from the goal. I have seen this happen to more than a few people.

The process of making progress with kettlebells is an education, the higher you get in rank, the more you understand about yourself. People that want to "skip" this education and bully their way to the finish line are just making it harder for themselves.

3 comments:

  1. Nice one! I can think of several examples of this phenomenon......starting with myself of course!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Yes, same deal with me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heh heh. Yes. Turns out saying "CMS" out loud will cause tendinitis the week before you plan to test for rank.

    ReplyDelete