Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

IUKL Meet update.. Part 1

This was such an EPIC event I do not know really where to start... I will just list a few things that occirred to me randomly...

> The whole Russian national Team was here, if I didn't go I would have felt like a CHUMP!

> The lighter guys lifting the 32kgs are flat-out AMAZING... Lockout are fast and crisp and they do not look shaky or panicked

> Going Less than ten minutes is considered the lowest level move you can pull... the atmosphere is intense and supportive... but lasting the whole time is of paramount importance...

>The women snatching the 24kg for huge reps is proof to me that most of us are strong enough to do this sport, what is lacking is technique and intelligent practice...

> These people are in unreal shape... no way around this fact... WOW!

> I watched the Russian girl Anastasia from the moment she came into the building.. she found a quiet corner to sit down and relax.. she did not move a muscle until she was told it was time for her to warm up.. this is impressive to me because she had a goal and walking around taking pictures and facebooking her friends was not her thing... when she got up she did a minimum warm up and then she set a World Record doing 175 snatches with the 24kg bell... Afterward she was back sitting in the same quiet corner... looking relieved and happy!!

>No matter how much or how little I drink before I lift, one I pick up the bells I feel like I am doing that thing where you eat 10 saltines and try to whistle... Holy Cow!!

>Kettlebell lifters in general don't make any or very little money, so you have to really love the sport to do all this stuff.  All of the lifter there were very friendly and encouraging..

> Not one of the officials or judges spoke any english, they didn't have any flags or road cones, if you screwed up and rushed a lockout or didn't fixate.. they let you know REAL quick!! No Nonsense reps counted at this thing... My Judge was very friendly and came up to me a shook my hand afterward..

> The Russians looked at you differently after you lifted, Like they respected you and there was a common bond between you... I am not saying they condisered us equals, but they did considers us sportsmen and that felt good...

8 comments:

  1. Chris,
    Congratulations again for a fine performance! Enjoyed reading your observations from the meet, too. Hope to meet you on the platform again soon. I'm hoping to make Shetler's meet in November. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks David! I will post more videos and stuff, just trying to wrap my head around all the wild stuff that happened...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris,
    Sounds great. Can't wait to hear more. How did Scott do? How about yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Duff made world champ for his class he did awesome and as for myself I set s pr in jerk with 61 reps but failed on the snatch with a total of 94 reps def have some practice to do

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Duff made world champ for his class he did awesome and as for myself I set s pr in jerk with 61 reps but failed on the snatch with a total of 94 reps"

    Its 32kg?

    ReplyDelete
  6. BTW, Chris, good article! I like to read your blog.

    (I am Wild Bill from IGX)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great results! What weight category?

    ReplyDelete