Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Don't be afraid to test.

     The simplest way to know if you are improving or not is to do an actual test set.  I know that this is not very sexy or advanced, but... you do not need a flowchart or periodization plan to try this. You just pick up the bells and go to work! See how many reps you can do in 10 minutes... I have found that this is most accurate way to find out where you are actually at.

     I read many posts by Coaches and athletes.. I cannot understand why people are afraid to test themselves? It is almost like they are afraid that they will spoil there training cycle if they do an all out effort.. I do not subscribe to this school of thought. We are not cycling big weights here, kettlebells are not maximal loads, you do not need to worry about blowing yourself up or anything...

       The best part about testing is, when you do pick up a few reps, it fires you up to keep doing the things that got you there... I have a few successful and loyal lifters, they all understand the value of testing...  

1 comment:

  1. I'd say this is because it sucks to break your records in your livingroom and no one writes them down.

    ReplyDelete